This application reads a Serial Port for a csv string and parse it to a chart.
The chart series are customized and it can save the chart in a png file for future reference.
All data from serial port is saved in a textbox so it can be exported after to excel or other program for further analysis.
- .Net Framework 4.0
- Visual Studio 2010
- Prepare an arduino board with a example sketch that produces a csv serial stream
- Connect a UART adapter to the USB port (http://www.dronetech.eu/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=53)
- Connect the TX arduino to the RX of the adapter
- Select port, baud, interval and series format.
- Press the button and watch the chart go
- To save an image just press save image at anytime, the file will be saved in the application folder
The series are generated based on a csv with the following format:
< Index >|< title 1 >,< Index >|< title 2 >
Index is the position on the csv stream that Y axes data is and the title of the Series.
csv stream -> 123,340
series format string -> 0|Sensor A, 1|Sensor B
Series 1 title = Sensor A
Serias 1 Y Axes value = 123
Series 2 title = Sensor B
Serias 2 Y Axes value = 340